"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision." Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

BFD

Dear Best Friend's Daughter,

I know this is hard for you. I know you feel broken. Actually, I don't know how it feels to be fighting with a disease, but I do know how it feels to be 13. I know how tragic and important everything is and how stupid adults sound when they say it's not a big deal. I know that you feel picked on and alone.

If I could give you anything, it would be hope. You are not a victim of your circumstance, you are better because of it. I want you to believe in yourself and learn from your mom. She has learned how to stand on her own two feet despite terrible odds. Many amazing people have sprung from families with single parents and your mom is one of them. And so are you.

She has learned how to trust herself and believe in herself without needing anyone except you and your sister. I hope you will grow to become a remarkable resemblance of your strong and loving mother.

My life is better for having you in it. Your fierce and honest love is needed in this world, so please take care of you.

2 comments:

P said...

you changed your blog during finals, I didn't notice. Very nice.

P said...

I mean very nice, I like your blog...

Blog Archive