"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision." Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Booger

I am in love with you. Thank you for enjoying our trip to "wherever the wind takes us" which ended up being Yellowstone.

Thank you for making me turn around and go the extra long way to see Yellowstone and the "Gooey Geysers". Also, thank you for interpreting that as a Dora the Explorer term and not one your silly sister invented. (Who is still very little - I am reminded every day - by you the big brother)

You were brave and crazy for wanting to see bears and snakes and smurfs.

We saw a bison which you explained was the same thing as a buffalo and you saw mountains so big you were sure dinosaurs climbed them.

You let me drive with all the windows down and sunroof open while you hung your head out the window.

You ate immense amounts of food, well, mostly hamburgers and pancakes. And at least 10 root beers of which you are now a connoiseur.

You even played a puzzle with me instead of playing video games. (Which you begged and begged for - but I won)

Thanks for riding horses with me and for warning me of EVERY tree just so I didn't hit one.
You lost your "brand new gooey geyser hat" on the chair lift and cried but wanted me to hold you. And when it reappeared on its own chair lift chair you jumped so high. You even remembered to bring it with you.

Thanks for our "adventure without dad". Something I'm not sure I could have done without you. You see the world with exquisite eyes and a joyful heart.

Thank you for being so good in the car for a total of 18 hours in three days. Now you are ready for a trip to Flagstaff!

2 comments:

P said...

I prefer my nickname for booger, crash. Sounds like a lot of fun. Perhaps he will jump hugh when he sees the hat I have for him!! Ha ha. The dinosaur comment is my favorite.

Nik said...

Wow. This post made me cry. Telling you to watch out for trees. What a gentleman.

Yay P for finding a replacement hat without knowing it's a replacement.

Erik calls Z Booga. What is with that?

Blog Archive