"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision." Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, November 16, 2008

First library card

My son is the proud owner of a Library card. We took the big trip to the downtown library for two reasons yesterday. 1) attain valuable life lessons by getting a library card 2) attain valuable life lessons by attending a rally for equality.

With baby girl on my shoulders, we cheered and clapped and danced for equal rights. Now, this week may not be the best for me to discuss marriage - but what the hell!

My son read his new library book on a bench while equality was getting (quite heatedly) debated. It was a beautiful day and the weather was chilly - my toes are actually still cold.

I will remember this day.

2 comments:

Nik said...

What a great day! I think I have my first library card to Whitmore somewhere around. I don't think I have any mementos from any rally I've been to but the best one I heard of for the protests against Prop 8 was on Lesboprof's blog--"God hates cotton-polyester blends."
Happy reading Cam.

P said...

Oh Whitmore library! I remember that, almost every corner of it. Perhaps I explored the place instead of actually reading.

Blog Archive