"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision." Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

House Sitter Available

I enjoy it. I like sitting on the couch pretending my life is like their life. The glamour and the crap. Looking at the mess, and thinking, wow at least I'm not this messy. I admit to snooping just a tad. Doing the dishes, the laundry and sweeping the floor just doesn't seem so awful when you know you only have to do it this one time. Junk mail. I thought I was the only one! And, when they received more than one mortgage bill in the mail for their many houses, I sighed a huge sigh of relief. At least I only have one (technically) I can barely afford.

But the dogs THE DOGS! Sophie has three legs, and then there is Scout, who Z said "where are the doggie's eyes?, and then Ace. Little Effer Ace. All muscle and likes to lick you. Ew. They are used to having someone home all the time... so a working mommy with two kids, two dogs, one cat, and three other houses is kind of depriving them of love. And they sure can show me!

They managed to get to the third highest shelf in the living room and have since destroyed:

One fancy snowmobiling glove
Two Uggs
One Panda
An entire box of unopened diapers
One bag of christmas bows
A plastic monkey
They tried to get into a packaged gift but the duct tape fooled them
A stuffed aligator
One rug - (yuck!)
My sense of purpose and well-being

But seriously, I can house sit for you. Anytime!

2 comments:

Dr Write said...

Wow! That sounds like Marley of Marley & Me. So much destruction. But yes, makes one feel better about one's less destructive pets and smaller mortgages.

Nik said...

It's all fun and games until the snowplows snow in your driveway. My housesitter is still apologizing. I miss Kenneth.

Blog Archive